This policy aims to ensure the reliable protection of personal information and provide ongoing peace of mind to our customers. Additionally, it aims to inform our customers of their various rights regarding their personal information and our acquisition of their personal information.
[Content of Personal Information]
- (1) Information collected from customers
The information collected by the company from customers includes the following: name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport, visa, marketing-related information, information entered by customers in forms provided by the company, information entered by company staff based on customer instructions, information about previous stays, services used, and purchased items, information about customer preferences observed by the company during their stay, information provided by customers to use the company's services, information provided by customers when travel agencies receive accommodation reservations from customers, and essential information for transactions, such as information related to credit cards.
- (2) Information collected by the company when customers visit our website
When customers visit our website, the company may collect device information, log information, cookies, anonymous IDs, location information, IP addresses and personal identification information.
[Purpose of Use of Information ]
With regard to the handling of personal information, the company collects personal information for the following reasons: for legitimate interests, to fulfill legal obligations, and for the purpose of meeting contractual obligations to parties involved in arranging customer's travel (such as travel agencies or the customer's employer) or vendors (third parties such as credit card companies, airlines, etc.).
- (1) To contact customers for reservation confirmations, etc.
- (2) To provide services, products, and information to customers
- (3) To conduct the following marketing activities:
- (a)To advertise and provide information on products, services, campaigns, etc., via invitation letters, e-mails, etc. (*1-*2)
- (b)To distribute behavioral targeting advertisements using ad-serving companies such as Google and Yahoo (*1-*2)
- (c)Analysis of attribute information, behavioral history, etc., obtained by the company to understand the interests and preferences of customer, etc. (*3-*4)
- (d)Other matters similar to (a) to (c) above
- （*1）The company will analyze information obtained from the customers, such as the customer's website browsing history and purchase history to provide services and deliver advertisements, etc.
- （*2）Information about customer preferences, browsing history, etc., obtained from third parties other than the company may be used in conjunction with personal information already in possession of the company. The company will obtain prior consent from customers and use it within the scope of the purposes of use listed above.
- （*4）Our website uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, to understand the visitation status of customers to our website. When using Google Analytics on our website, Google collects, records, and analyzes the visitation history of customers to our website based on cookies issued by us.
＜Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on＞
- (4) To conduct analysis for the improvement of services and products
- (5) To send surveys for further enhancement of our services
- (6) To enforce compliance with the terms and conditions of use for services provided through our website and mobile site
- (7) To protect services provided through our website and mobile site, as well as customers
- (8) To verify the identity of customers when they make requests regarding their personal information in accordance with this policy
- (9) To fulfill legal obligations of the company (including Japanese laws and laws in the location of facilities)
- (10)To operate contests, lotteries, and other promotions
- (11)To fulfill contractual obligations to stakeholders involved in travel arrangements for customers (travel agencies, group tour organizers, employers of customers, etc.) or external vendors (credit card companies, airlines, etc.)
- (12)For purposes explicitly stated or disclosed separately to customers
- (13)To keep records
[Methods of Information Collection]
The company collects personal information as set forth in Article 2 through the following methods:
- (1) Direct collection from customers
Regarding the information stated in Article 2, Paragraph 1, the company may collect personal information from customers through activities such as making reservations or using the company's accommodation facilities, creating an account on the company's website, responding to surveys, participating in a drawing or sweepstakes, contacting customer service, applying for or using services provided by the company.
- (2) Collection from customer's devices and the network of the company
- (3) Collection from other companies:
In order to ensure that our customers can use our services comfortably, the company may use internet services operated by other companies to collect personal information from customers. Additionally, the company may collect personal information from the following parties:
- -Travel agencies used by customers
- -Providers of transportation services, such as airlines
- -Third-party credit card companies used by customers
- (4) Collection from social media
The Company may collect information such as contact details, identity, accommodation and purchase information, online and network behavior, and other data, including content posted or profile information on social media, when customers voluntarily participate in the Company's social media activities or services.
[Handling of Personal Information]
The company will manage the personal information received from customers appropriately and carefully, taking necessary and reasonable security control measures to prevent the risk of leakage, loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access. Additionally, when personal information is collected by means of communication, the company will take measures to ensure security by using security technologies such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted communication in order to prevent interception by third parties during the communication process.
The personal information received from customers will be managed in accordance with applicable laws.
[Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties]
To enhance the quality of our services and provide convenience to the customers, we may entrust some of the handling to outside vendors.
In such cases, the company will instruct and supervise the vendors to manage the information appropriately.
The company will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases (excluding the joint use as described in Article 8):
- (1) When we have the consent of the customer
- (2) When disclosure or provision is required by law
- (3) When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the customer
- (4) When disclosure is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (5) When it is necessary to cooperate with national agencies, local government entities, or their delegated agents to execute duties prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the customer may impede the execution of such duties.
- (6) When it is necessary to disclose or provide personal information to entrusted vendors to provide services to customers.
- (7) In cases of business transfer, where the personal information of customers or the management rights of such personal information are transferred as part of the transferred business assets.
[Cookies and Other Similar Technologies]
The use of cookie technology and related technologies on our website allows us and other parties to assess and enhance the functionality of our website. Through these cookies and related technologies, the company, ad networks, social media companies and other service providers can display advertisements and customized content.
The company will jointly use customer personal data as follows:
- (1) Items of personal data to be shared
Name, address, date of birth, phone number, e-mail address, transaction history, etc.
- (2) Scope of joint users
Our group companies
- (3) Purposes of use by the joint users
Same as the purposes of use described in Article 3
- (4) Party responsible for joint use
Resol Holdings Co., Ltd.
6-24-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
President and Representative Director Katsu Osawa
[Compliance with Laws and Regulations]
In order to ensure effective protection of personal information, the company comply with laws and regulations related to personal information and related guidelines.
[International Transfer of Personal Information]
As the company is based in Japan, when customers access our website from countries other than Japan, there is a possibility that personal information may be transferred to Japan or another country where our servers or databases are located.
While the company strives to protect the personal information of customers in an appropriate manner, please be aware that the laws and forms of protection for personal information in Japan and other countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where customers are located.
[Choices in Information Provision]
Customers can always make choices regarding their own personal information, such as the types of personal information they provide to us, as well as the methods by which they receive (or refuse) communications from us. However, if customers choose not to provide certain personal information, it may affect their ability to access some of our services.
The company may contact customers based on the personal information provided by them in order to inform them of services or events that may be of interest to them. If customers refuses such communications or wish to change their contact preferences, they can make these changes at any time by contacting the contact point listed in Article 14 (hereinafter referred to as a "contact point").
To fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, the company will retain personal information of customers for the necessary and reasonable duration based on the following criteria:
- (1) We have an ongoing business relationship with customers and provide services to customers
(e.g., as long as the customer has an account with us or continue to use the services)
- (2) We have is a legal obligation to which we must comply
- (3) We have considered our legal position (e.g., statutes of limitations, lawsuits, regulatory investigations,etc.) and have deemed it is desirable to retain the information.
[Respecting Customer Rights]
The company respects the rights of our customers, and in the event of a request for disclosure, correction, restriction, deletion, or exercise of rights under data portability or objection based on the laws regarding personal information of customers, the company will verify the identity and respond within a reasonable and necessary scope.
Additionally, if customers have previously given their consent, they have the right to withdraw the consent by contacting the contact point.
Post Code: 160-0023
12th Floor, Nishi-Shinjuku Mitsui Building, 6-24-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Resol Group Privacy Protection Consultation Desk
TEL. 03-3344-8813 (9:00 to 18:00 / except weekends, holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays)"
The company may review this Policy from time to time and make changes as needed.
If the Company changes this Policy, it will take appropriate measures, such as publishing the revised policy on the RESOL HOTELS official website.